Combustible dust is a serious concern for sawmills and planermills—with dangerous consequences if not managed properly. Created as a byproduct of the manufacturing process, dust can not only cause health issues but can be an explosion hazard. Typically, by law, air systems must meet the requirements of NFPA Sections 68, 69, 77, 91, 499, 654 & 644. In addition, environmental compliance is a must for these mills.
How we help:
We provide solutions to mitigate wood dust risk with a combination of:
- Positive and negative air
- Dust hoods
- Duct work & piping
- Fans & blowers
- Cyclones and baghouses
- Back blast dampers
- Abort gates
- Rotary valves
- Spark detection & abatement
- Combustible dust studies & assessments
Allied has experience will all types of wood processing equipment including:
- Debarkers saw systems including band and circular saws
- Canters, edgers and gang saws
- Belt conveying transfer points
- High speed planers, rip saws, trimmers and screens.
- Filing rooms
- Plant heating/Cooling
- Make-up air
Spark Detection & Abatement
- Allied is the Canadian representative for GreCon Inc.
- Low pressure relay and high pressure conveying for dust, chips, and bark
- Centralized high-pressure vacuum clean-up systems
- floor-sweep systems
- Maintenance & Repairs
- NFPA Combustible Dust Studies and Engineering
- Shutdowns and emergency repairs are our specialty
We have long term relationships with the major and smaller independent sawmills in North America. Call for referrals.